We are pleased to announce that the Second Annual Workshop for Oxford Studies in Political Philosophy will be held at the University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, Sept. 4-6, 2014. There will be nine speakers:
- 6 invited speakers:
• Dave Estlund (keynote), Brown University,
• Serena Olsaretti (keynote), ICREA-Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain,
• Dick Arneson, UC San Diego,
• Niko Kolodny, UC Berkeley,
• Dani Attas, Hebrew University, Israel, and
• Anna Stilz, Princeton University
- 1 graduate student, whose paper will be selected from invited submissions (based on nominations from our Board of Advisors and from the speakers at the previous workshop; there are no open submissions for this slot);
- 2 recent Ph.D.s, defined as scholars who, as of April 1, 2014, are within fifteen (15) years of receiving a Ph.D. Independent scholars may also be eligible and should direct inquiries to the Editors of the Oxford Studies in Political Philosophy, care of Peter Vallentyne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on submitting papers, and other relevant information about the workshop, can be found at the workshop website:http://oxfordstudies.arizona.edu/. Submissions are now being accepted. Registration to attend the workshop is also now open.
We would greatly appreciate your forwarding this email to colleagues and/or graduate students in your department, and to any other philosophers you believe might be interested in participating in the workshop.
2 Replies to “Second Annual Workshop for Oxford Studies in Political Philosophy”
Note that full papers, not abstracts, are due by April 1 for the two open slots at the conference.
Why is it that a “recent” Ph.D. is defined as “within 15 years of receiving a Ph.D.”? At some institutions said “recent Ph.D. would be 5 years from early retirement. Seems to be far from “recent”.
Comments are closed.